Yesterday, I had a day filled with ups and downs as we walked around Central London, going to shops, looking at street performances and buying things, as you do. But one of the best parts of the day for me was Lunch because when we went Mildreds;’ a Vegetarian Restaurant in central London.
Now this was the first time I’d been there and I definitely want to go again. It was delicious and not only that but the staff were friendly and seemed like they really enjoyed working there. It had a lovely atmosphere and all tables were full (Every time I see it there’s a line out the door- just to give you a sense of how popular it is).
Now back to the food. Now this is food to write home about, it is crazy good. So here’s what me (Green) and Alan (Blue) had for lunch:
- Panfried Halloumi, Cherry Tomato and wilted Spinach with Balsamic glaze
- Gyoza dumplings with Mirin and Soy dipping sauce
- Fresh Tortelloni filled with Pumpkin and Ricotta, with Chestnut Mushroom, White Wine Cream sauce, drizzled with truffle oil
- Organic Black Bean Burrito, with Red Pepper and Green Tomatillo Rice, topped with Tomato Salsa and Cheddar with Iceberg, Sour Cream, Guacamole and Pico de Gallo
- Sweet potato fries with mayo (The mayo is super yum)
- Banoffee Crème Brulee, Salted Caramel Bananas, Chocolate Chip Shortbread
- Maple Pecan Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream
- With Cappuccino
Yes we probably did overdo in terms of how much we ate and we were stuffed when we went out. The two best dishes there in my opinion was the Tortelloni and the Banoffee Crème Brulee, they were really, really yummy, could not get enough of them, but all the food was great. The only one I might not get again is the pecan pie but it does go well with the ice-cream. The rest was astounding and so yes I would highly recommend it. It’s suitable for all sorts of occasions, dates, friends, etc. Price wise for the food you are getting you can’t really complain.
Anyways hope you enjoyed reading this and if you have any veggie friends this is definitely a place to check out.